“Stress is the body’s response to a challenge or demand. Everyone experiences stress, which can be triggered by a range of events, from small daily hassles to major changes like a divorce or job loss. The stress response includes physical components such an elevated heart rate and blood pressure, thoughts and personal beliefs about the stressful event, and emotions, including fear and anger.” (Stress: 10 Ways to Ease Stress, Cleveland Clinic)
- Here were the two responses I got about stress management (Counselor Talk, October 2018)
- What about doing progressive muscle relaxation or deep breathing exercises?
- You might want to reach out to your local Mental Health organization
- What I have decided to do is create a short presentation about our body’s physiological stress response, plus also discuss our school’s data about our students being stressed. Then we will talk about options for what to do when stressed. I plan to do a progressive muscle relaxation exercise or mindfulness activity. If I have time I hope to do a DIY of either worry stones or stress balls (probably worry stones because it will be less messy!).
- Although we often think of it as being negative, stress can also come from positive changes in one’s life.
- Stress serves an important purpose—it enables us to respond quickly to threats and avoid danger. However, lengthy exposure to stress may lead to mental health difficulties (for example, anxiety and depression) or increased physical health problems.
- Stress Reduction Cube: Use these free printables to create cubes to help you DOWN SHIFT (Blue Zones)
- 10 Ways to Reduce Stress (Cleveland Clinic)
- Nine Ways Mindfulness Helps with Stress
- 3 Mindfulness Exercises for Helping Professionals (Positive Psychology)
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on November 23, 2020 @ 01:27:18
- Kelly on November 23, 2020 @ 01:25:56
- Kelly on November 23, 2020 @ 01:23:35
- Kelly on November 23, 2020 @ 01:19:20
- Kelly on November 22, 2020 @ 16:22:13
- Kelly on October 4, 2018 @ 19:04:23
- Kelly on May 29, 2018 @ 20:23:43
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 23:27:22
This post was created by QRST ContentManager on August 7, 2016.