Eligible local education agencies and their qualified teachers receive a “Teacher Appreciation Grant” that is be paid to teachers rated effective and highly effective as bonuses. In 2016, the Indiana General Assembly appropriated $30 million for this purpose. (IDOE, https://www.doe.in.gov/evaluations/performance-based-awards)
- No application is necessary to receive the grant funds.
- From an online poll on Counselor Talk (December 2017) asking if schools include counselors in the Teacher Appreciation Grant for their district: 32 total responses were received and 20 of respondents said their corporation included counselors in this grant while 12 respondents said counselors were NOT included. Of the 12 not included, 3 said their corporations paid counselors extra to help make up the difference.
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Kelly Dunn on July 10, 2018.
- July 10, 2018 @ 18:52:56
- July 10, 2018 @ 18:52:03
- July 10, 2018 @ 18:44:14
- January 3, 2018 @ 23:33:37
- January 3, 2018 @ 23:32:05
- January 3, 2018 @ 19:21:08
This post was created by EFGH ContentManager on January 3, 2018.