Eligible local education agencies and their qualified teachers receive a “Teacher Appreciation Grant” that is be paid to teachers rated effective and highly effective as bonuses. In 2016, the Indiana General Assembly appropriated $30 million for this purpose. (IDOE, https://www.doe.in.gov/evaluations/performance-based-awards)
- No application is necessary to receive the grant funds.
- From an online poll on Counselor Talk (December 2017) asking if schools include counselors in the Teacher Appreciation Grant for their district: 32 total responses were received and 20 of respondents said their corporation included counselors in this grant while 12 respondents said counselors were NOT included. Of the 12 not included, 3 said their corporations paid counselors extra to help make up the difference.
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Mary on July 10, 2018 @ 18:52:56
- Mary on July 10, 2018 @ 18:52:03
- Mary on July 10, 2018 @ 18:44:14
- Kelly on January 3, 2018 @ 23:33:37
- Kelly on January 3, 2018 @ 23:32:05
- Kelly on January 3, 2018 @ 19:21:08
This post was created by EFGH ContentManager on January 3, 2018.