Tutoring is characterized by how it differs from formal teaching methods on the basis of the (in)formality of the setting as well as the flexibility in pedagogical methods in terms of duration, pace of teaching, evaluation and tutor-tutee rapport. A tutor is a person who provides assistance or tutelage to one or more people on certain subject areas or skills. The tutor spends a few hours on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis to transfer his/her expertise on the topic or skill to the student.
- Tutoring can take place in different settings, such as a classroom, a formal tutoring center, or the home of the tutor/learner.
- Good, proper tutoring should help the tutee become an independent learner, who acquires critical learning skills, and helps the tutee learn how to help himself/herself.
- Q: I was wondering if anyone has any resources for free tutoring support for students engaged in online/virtual learning outside of the Rose Hulman Tutor Line?
- A: Contact the Indiana Retired Teachers Association at email@example.com. They did some volunteer virtual work during the spring and I know they are gearing up again for the fall. The executive director is Trish Whitcomb, so if you don’t get an answer from the above inquiry, check their website and contact her.
- Academic coaching is a type of mentoring applied to academics. Coaching involves a collaborative approach. Coaches try to help students learn how they best learn and how to operate in an academic environment. Tutors help students learn the material in individual courses while coaches help students learn how to be successful in school.
- Peer tutoring refers to the method of tutoring that involves members of the same peer group teaching or tutoring one another.
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on August 31, 2020 @ 16:51:28
- Kelly on May 31, 2018 @ 20:50:39
- Kelly on May 29, 2018 @ 20:04:30
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 23:51:02
This post was created by QRST ContentManager on August 7, 2016.