People who possess a strong work ethic embody certain principles that guide their work behavior, leading them to produce high-quality work consistently and the output motivates them to stay on track. Employers want to work with people who have a strong work ethic. Those who possess this trait are better employees who get the job done, no matter what. They often require less oversight on daily activities and managers are able to rely upon them to complete bigger tasks.
Indiana’s community and employer recognized Work Ethic Certificate (WEC) provides students with an understanding of necessary employability skills for today’s in-demand jobs and allow them an opportunity to demonstrate these skills while in high school. It is designed to encourage students to meet the benchmarks that will assist them in their college or career goals.
- Sometimes work ethic is otherwise known as soft skills, work readiness or portable job skills.
- Seven behavioral competencies that are the foundation of workplace success: : attitude, attendance, appearance, ambition, accountability, acceptance, and appreciation.
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on May 30, 2018 @ 21:23:35
- Kelly on May 29, 2018 @ 20:01:08
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 23:58:21
This post was created by QRST ContentManager on August 7, 2016.