Conflict resolution is a critical transferable skill that all of our students need to learn. This is the ability to explore and discuss different points of view respectfully and come to a consensus on a course of action.
- “I” messages are a powerful tool to express one’s point of view.
- Active listening is an important part of conflict resolution since I not only need to state my opinion but I also need to understand the opinions of others.
- Peer mediation programs are a proven way to teach conflict resolution and maintain more peaceful schools.
- Peer mediation is not recommended in cases of suspected bullying
- Peer mediation programs work best with buy-in from all stake-holders (parents, teachers and administration)
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on May 30, 2018 @ 18:52:04
- Mary on May 1, 2018 @ 19:54:32
- Mary on May 1, 2018 @ 19:53:09
- Mary on May 1, 2018 @ 19:52:38
- 1StopABCD on January 17, 2017 @ 19:53:37
- 1StopABCD on November 2, 2016 @ 23:11:31
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 18:30:04
This post was created by ABCD ContentManager on August 7, 2016.