Conflict resolution is a critical transferable skill that all of our students need to learn. This is the ability to explore and discuss different points of view respectfully and come to a consensus on a course of action.
- “I” messages are a powerful tool to express one’s point of view.
- Active listening is an important part of conflict resolution since I not only need to state my opinion but I also need to understand the opinions of others.
- Peer mediation programs are a proven way to teach conflict resolution and maintain more peaceful schools.
- Peer mediation is not recommended in cases of suspected bullying
- Peer mediation programs work best with buy-in from all stake-holders (parents, teachers and administration)
If you have suggestions, feedback, or resources, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.