Conflict resolution is a critical transferable skill that all of our students need to learn. This is the ability to explore and discuss different points of view respectfully and come to a consensus on a course of action.
- “I” messages are a powerful tool to express one’s point of view.
- Active listening is an important part of conflict resolution since I not only need to state my opinion but I also need to understand the opinions of others.
- Peer mediation programs are a proven way to teach conflict resolution and maintain more peaceful schools.
- Peer mediation is not recommended in cases of suspected bullying
- Peer mediation programs work best with buy-in from all stake-holders (parents, teachers and administration)
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Heather on May 30, 2018.
- May 30, 2018 @ 18:52:04
- May 1, 2018 @ 19:54:32
- May 1, 2018 @ 19:53:09
- May 1, 2018 @ 19:52:38
- January 17, 2017 @ 19:53:37
- November 2, 2016 @ 23:11:31
- August 7, 2016 @ 18:30:04
This post was created by ABCD ContentManager on August 7, 2016.