This page is currently under construction. If you have related content or resources to add, you may submit it via the “Contact Topic Manager” box below.
- Bullet 1
- Bullet 2
- High School credits earned in Middle School: Follow Up Responses from Counselor Talk (Oct. 2017), IDOE Memo from 8/17, a High School Credits in Middle School, another school’s policy, and a form used by another School for 8th grade HS credit taken.
- From Counselor Talk, November 2017:
Course Retake/Course Replacement
A grade retake/replacement occurs when a student retakes a class that he/she has already taken to hopefully receive a better grade.
The student received a grade of F in the class.
The student received a grade of C- or below and wishes to meet the grade requirements for an Academic Honors Diploma.
The student has not passed at least one of the end of course exams required for graduation and seeks to become eligible for waiver consideration.
A class may be retaken only if one or more of the following conditions exist:
A student seeking to retake a class will make an application with the guidance department. The student shall state the reason for the requested retake on the application. The guidance department will review the application. The principal shall have the authority to grant final approval for a student to retake a class.
The following conditions apply to retaking a class:
No online classes will be accepted in replacement of high school courses used for an Academic Honors Diploma without administrative approval.
The grade earned (either higher or lower) when the class is retaken will be placed on the transcript and replace the original grade in the calculation of the GPA.
The grade that is earned in the retake class will be used in the calculation of the GPA, but the new GPA shall render the student ineligible for such awards as valedictorian, salutatorian, or top ten award.
The original grade will remain on the transcript with the credit for that class being transferred to the second class. A student may take advantage of this option up to two times in his/her high school career.
- GPA’s Class Ranks Weighted grades Counselor discussion Feb. 2018
- Credit Tracking Forms
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Mary on May 1, 2018 @ 20:08:20
- Kelly on April 19, 2018 @ 20:58:36
- Mary on April 19, 2018 @ 18:12:32
- Mary on April 19, 2018 @ 18:11:53
- 1StopABCD on March 1, 2018 @ 19:42:02
- Kelly on November 9, 2017 @ 16:19:46
- Kelly on October 19, 2017 @ 18:11:58
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 18:42:49
This post was created by ABCD ContentManager on August 7, 2016.