While discipline is not an appropriate task for a school counselor, we have insights and knowledge that are extremely helpful and can inform discipline procedures in schools. We have an obligation to advocate for policies that consider the whole child and are trauma informed.
- Relationship building is up paramount importance to any behavior plan.
- Teach and focus on the behavior you want to see.
- Counselortalk counselor as disciplinarian Nov 2019
- Stay calm and remember it is not about you!
- Behavior Impact
- The Kids We Lose – A feature-length documentary about what happens to behaviorally-challenged children when they enter schools where educators are not able to mitigate the nonconforming behaviors. The film’s investigative focus is on how the system uses discipline rather than effective measures, leading to a school-to-prison pipeline for many disadvantaged students.
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- 1StopABCD on November 5, 2019 @ 19:56:11
- Kelly on April 15, 2019 @ 19:18:30
- 1StopABCD on April 11, 2019 @ 18:59:49
- Mary on May 2, 2018 @ 18:18:42
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 18:56:18
This post was created by ABCD ContentManager on August 7, 2016.