Use this section to briefly describe or define this topic area.
- Bullet 1
- Bullet 2
- From Counselor Talk, January 2018:
- Q: How to handle the FAFSA for a Senior who is 18 and is no longer living with her parents, nor has contact with them
- A: She will need to fill out a dependency override form once she fills out her FAFSA and it rejects she will then take it to the school and she will need documentation from several different people so that she will then be considered independent and be able to get aid. It is a whole process and it’s in-depth. She will need letters from professionals like you that know her situation as well as possibly a minister or someone else that knows her situation. She will need to keep all the documentation because each and every year until she graduates she will have to fill out the forms. She has to make contact with the Fin Aid office of the school she plans to attend so they know what is going on and to keep them in the loop.
- What I have learned
- Use this section to share links to other resources
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Heather on January 26, 2018.
- January 26, 2018 @ 21:33:48
- August 7, 2016 @ 20:00:21
This post was created by EFGH ContentManager on August 7, 2016.