The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is a form that can be prepared annually by current and prospective college students (undergraduate and graduate) in the United States to determine their eligibility for student financial aid.
- Nearly every student is eligible for some form of financial aid. Students who may not be eligible for need-based aid may still be eligible for an unsubsidized Stafford Loan regardless of income or circumstances.
- After completing the FAFSA, students are presented with a Student Aid Report (SAR). The SAR provides a student with their potential eligibility for different types of financial aid, their Expected Family Contribution (EFC), and a summary of the data a student provided in the application.
- From Counselor Talk, January 2018:
- Q: How to handle the FAFSA for a Senior who is 18 and is no longer living with her parents, nor has contact with them
- A: She will need to fill out a dependency override form once she fills out her FAFSA and it rejects she will then take it to the school and she will need documentation from several different people so that she will then be considered independent and be able to get aid. It is a whole process and it’s in-depth. She will need letters from professionals like you that know her situation as well as possibly a minister or someone else that knows her situation. She will need to keep all the documentation because each and every year until she graduates she will have to fill out the forms. She has to make contact with the Fin Aid office of the school she plans to attend so they know what is going on and to keep them in the loop.
- From Counselor Talk, April 2018:
- Q: Where can I locate a list of my seniors that have completed a FAFSA?
- A: upload all of your seniors to ScholarTrack & then under “Reports”, “Middle/High School” and “FAFSA Completion Report”
- FAFSA home
- Schools who participate in the FAFSA Completion Project can see a list of their seniors who have completed a FAFSA on ScholarTrack, both Scholars and non-Scholars.
- If you want to check where your school stands on FAFSA completion, visit LearnMoreIndiana to see current rankings. The number of students enrolled is based on IDOE compass data and is not real-time enrollment numbers.
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Heather on April 11, 2018.
- April 11, 2018 @ 16:31:43
- April 11, 2018 @ 16:29:33
- April 11, 2018 @ 16:27:17
- April 11, 2018 @ 16:16:44
- January 26, 2018 @ 21:33:48
- August 7, 2016 @ 20:00:21
This post was created by EFGH ContentManager on August 7, 2016.