- A four-year plan is a high school course plan, incorporating all courses needed to stay on track for graduation.
- Four-year plans are student specific and while they may incorporate requirements for all students, they vary depending on diploma track, student choice and student interest.
- Four-year plans should follow student’s chosen diploma track. Find Indiana’s high school diploma requirements here.
- A four-year plan is part of the required Indiana Graduation Plan.
- A four-year plan should follow an Indiana College and Career Pathway.
- Students should begin preparing for high school by being introduced to the idea of a four-year plan in middle school.
- Students begin writing their four-year plans in 8th grade, but begin planning for high school in 6th grade when starting to write their Indiana Graduation Plan.
- Indiana Career Explorer includes an online form for students to complete and store their 4-year Plan
- Learn More Indiana: High School Graduation Plan
- Question: Does anyone have a shorter, preferably editable version of a graduation plan? The Learn More one is too long. I am looking for a more condensed version before I make my own. (Counselor Talk, January 2019)
- Indiana’s Graduation Plan Template-2017-18-DRAFT
- 8th Grade Lesson Plan: How Does Who I Am Relate to Planning for High School and Beyond? The purpose of this unit is to have students assess academic strengths, personal interests and abilities in order to develop a 4-year Personal Plans of Study that targets a Career Path, which is tailored to their aptitudes, interests, and abilities.
- 8th Grade Lesson Plan: Moving On…Transitioning to High School. Students will explore the similarities and differences between middle and high school, and they will be introduced to a variety of high school concepts such as: academic credits, the differences between core and elective credits, the number of credits needed for promotion, extracurricular offerings, and the meaning of grade point average and how it correlates with credits and participation in extracurricular activities.
- Sample Academic & Career Plan (from Virginia DOE)
- High School and Beyond Plan Student Template (from Washington State DOE)
- 4-Year Plan-Excel Sheet
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on January 15, 2019 @ 22:14:57
- Mary on July 5, 2018 @ 13:39:28
- Kelly on June 30, 2018 @ 13:16:42
- Mary on June 29, 2018 @ 19:19:23
- Kelly on May 30, 2018 @ 18:24:30
- Kelly on November 30, 2017 @ 16:33:09
- Kelly on November 22, 2017 @ 20:01:51
- Kelly on November 22, 2017 @ 19:54:47
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 20:13:03
This post was created by EFGH ContentManager on August 7, 2016.