Parchment is a digital credentialing service. Since 2006, the Indiana Commission for Higher Education (ICHE) and Parchment have partnered to provide the Indiana e-Transcript initiative, which facilitates the electronic exchange of transcripts and other admissions documents between high schools and colleges. Parchment’s service is provided to your school at no cost, as your current students receive free electronic transcript requests.
Also see Transcripts
- Indiana contracted with Parchment to send electronic transcripts to colleges and other entities for current high school students free of cost.
- Parchment is the most widely adopted digital credential service, allowing learners, academic institutions, and employers to request, verify, and share credentials in simple and secure ways. The platform has helped millions of people and thousands of schools and universities exchange more than 30 million transcripts and other credentials globally. (https://www.parchment.com/about/)
- Parchment: http://www.parchment.com
- IDOE – Indiana’s Common Electronic Transcript
- Parchment 7 SIS Integration (YouTube Video)
- (From Counselortalk, August 2020) For all of my fellow Parchment users- if your students try to order transcripts to be sent to multiple destinations, you will get an error message. One at a time sends fine. I called Parchment and they are aware and working on it.
- I have one and they are forcing her to put in credit card information even though it is going to and Indiana school. Again Parchment is aware of it.
- (From Counselortalk, September 2018) Q: Has anyone had transcripts not upload correctly to Parchment this fall? I had a few students have information cut off or deleted when transcripts were exported from Powerschool. A: When using Chrome we had this issue, but when moving over to Firefox, we have not had this problem.
- (From SS INTouch, September 2018) Transcript Requests for High School Alumni: As a reminder, transcript requests for your high school alumni are free through Parchment from through September 30. Alumni can order via Parchment directly or a Parchment Admin can request on behalf of the alum via Parchment. After this date, alums will be charged $3.75 for an electronic transcript request.
If you have suggestions, feedback, or resources, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.