The annual performance evaluation of school counselors should accurately reflect the unique professional training and practices of school counselors working within a comprehensive school counseling program. These written evaluations should use forms and tools specifically designed for school counselors, based on documents such as the School Counselor Competencies and the School Counselor Performance Appraisal from the ASCA National Model.
- The key purpose of the school counselor performance evaluation is to enhance the positive effect the school coun-selor and the school counseling program have on students and school stakeholders (VSCA, 2008).
- The primary purposes of the annual performance evaluation are to ensure the school counselor’s effectiveness,impact, high-level performance and continued professional growth (Dimmitt, 2009).
- What does your district have counselors do to meet the Individual Growth Measure/Student Learning Outcomes portion of their evaluation model-Responses from Counselor Talk
- Indiana School Counselor Evaluation Tool (from ISCA)
- SLO example (2016)
- SLO example:6th grade counseling groups
- Counselor SLO Categories & Examples
- Considerations for Evaluating Indiana Student Services Personnel (IDOE school counselor communities in the Learning Connection)
- Counselor SLO Samples (IDOE school counselor communities in the Learning Connection)
- Guidance for Assessing a School Counselor (IDOE school counselor communities in the Learning Connection)
- SLO Examples (IDOE school counselor communities in the Learning Connection)
- SLO Examples for 6th grade (IDOE school counselor communities in the Learning Connection)
- Pennsylvania School Counselor Evaluation Tools
- Wisconsin School Counselor Performance Evaluation
- Minnesota School Counselor Evaluation Tool
- Michigan School Counselor Performance Evaluation Tool
- Ohio School Counselor Standards and Evaluation
- School Counselor Rubric
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on June 3, 2019 @ 22:42:29
- Kelly on June 3, 2019 @ 22:33:26
- Kelly on May 29, 2018 @ 20:38:15
- Kelly on August 31, 2017 @ 15:43:20
- Kelly on August 31, 2017 @ 15:40:13
- Kelly on August 30, 2017 @ 18:35:52
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 23:02:59
This post was created by QRST ContentManager on August 7, 2016.