Small groups are a good way to teach self-control, integrity and other skills to boys. Some recommended topics for a Boys Mentoring Group are listed below.
- Healthy relationships
- Personal responsibility
- Building Champions table of contents
- Building Future Leaders by Brandon Jackson
- Building Future Leaders Cadence Call by Brandon Jackson
- From Boyz To Men2 revisedDLT powerpoint
- Choose hands-on activities and interactive games, rather than primarily sitting and talking.
- Operation: Breaking the Boy Code is a curriculum recommended by other counselors.
- Building Champions (see table of contents below) is a curriculum recommended by other counselors. The Building Champions curriculum seems to be having a better impact on my fourth grade boys. Each session has a choice of three lessons you can choose from depending on the needs of your group. Activities are short, sweet, and to the point. Boys are constantly interacting and practicing the skills being taught. Boys are remembering what we have talked about week from week and applying the concepts to their lives!!!
- Coaching Boys into Men is a curriculum recommended by other counselors (more geared to sports).
- Young Men of Purpose is a curriculum recommended by other counselors.
If you have suggestions, feedback, or resources, please email email@example.com and let us know.