Course descriptions provide brief descriptions of kindergarten, elementary, middle level and high school curricular areas. These descriptions assist schools in communicating, in a broad context, the content of programs and courses. (IDOE, https://www.doe.in.gov/ccr/course-titles-and-descriptions)
- Code numbers listed before each program/course title and description are used for Indiana Department of Education data reporting.
- In November 2011, the State Board of Education approved the inclusion of a “Quantitative Reasoning” requirement to all diploma types, among other changes. A quantitative reasoning course is a high school course that advances a student’s ability to apply mathematics in real-world situations and contexts and deepens a student’s understanding of high school mathematics standards.
- Indiana schools can submit a nonstandard course waiver to offer courses that are not found in the approved course list. Schools must have an approved nonstandard course waiver prior to offering a course or awarding credit for a course that is not in the state approved course titles and descriptions document.
- Integrated Chemistry Physics does qualify as a quantitative reasoning course. (Posted on Counselor Talk by Jennifer Jensen, Assistant Director for Curriculum & Instruction, Indiana Department of Education-December 2018)
- 2022-23 Course Titles & Descriptions IDOE Memo (November 2021)
- 2018-2019 Course Summary-Excel
- 2018-2019 State Approved Courses Titles & Descriptions-PDF
- 2018-2019 State Approved Applied Courses-PDF
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on November 5, 2021 @ 16:50:10
- Kelly on December 11, 2018 @ 17:06:10
- Kelly on January 17, 2018 @ 19:39:35
- Kelly on January 2, 2018 @ 20:27:11
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 18:41:11
This post was created by ABCD ContentManager on August 7, 2016.