Course descriptions provide brief descriptions of kindergarten, elementary, middle level and high school curricular areas. These descriptions assist schools in communicating, in a broad context, the content of programs and courses. (IDOE, https://www.doe.in.gov/ccr/course-titles-and-descriptions)
- Code numbers listed before each program/course title and description are used for Indiana Department of Education data reporting.
- In November 2011, the State Board of Education approved the inclusion of a “Quantitative Reasoning” requirement to all diploma types, among other changes. A quantitative reasoning course is a high school course that advances a student’s ability to apply mathematics in real-world situations and contexts and deepens a student’s understanding of high school mathematics standards.
- Indiana schools can submit a nonstandard course waiver to offer courses that are not found in the approved course list. Schools must have an approved nonstandard course waiver prior to offering a course or awarding credit for a course that is not in the state approved course titles and descriptions document.
- 2018-2019 Course Summary-Excel
- 2018-2019 State Approved Courses Titles & Descriptions-PDF
- 2018-2019 State Approved Applied Courses-PDF
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Heather on January 17, 2018.
- January 17, 2018 @ 19:39:35
- January 2, 2018 @ 20:27:11
- August 7, 2016 @ 18:41:11
This post was created by ABCD ContentManager on August 7, 2016.