- Each diploma type has specific coursework that must be completed.
- The requirements often change and the Indiana Department of Education is the best source for up-to-date information (see below).
- Original Question (Part 1): If ST does not meet C40 requirements but has enough credits for gen diploma. Is there a point where we, as a school, can graduate the student because they met General diploma reqs. Or do we have to allow them the opportunity to finish the C40?Answer: On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 10:00 AM Culhan, Amanda <email@example.com> wrote: If the student can earn the General now (at the end of her senior year), it’s up to your school if you want to allow her to stay into a 5th year. You aren’t required to allow her to do so since she has met requirements for a diploma. Typically schools will present the student with the summer option (meeting requirements by the last day of September), as you have done. Follow up Question (Part 2): Thank you – they do not have to agree to an opt out then right? Answer: On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 11:35 AM Culhan, Amanda <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: No, if it’s beyond the 4 years and they’ve met requirements for the General Diploma, they wouldn’t have to agree to the opt-out. I think a good alternative would be to allow them the option to continue to work towards meeting requirements before the end of September.
- From Counselortalk August 2018- Question: I am working with a student who was supposed to graduate in 2007 and now wants to earn his diploma. Do I follow current diploma requirements or previous? If I can use his previous requirements, can anyone tell me what those were? Answer: You can find requirements from the past in the attached document (Graduation Requirements Through the years II.) The student would need to meet any requirements from that time, plus local requirements, and would need to have passed a graduation exam then or now – or qualify for a waiver. (Amanda Culhan, School Counseling Specialist, Indiana Department of Education)
- New SAT Score change for Indiana’s Academic Honors diploma from IDOE (2017)
- Grade 8 Parent Night Diploma Requirements Class of 2023
- Opt-Out forms to switch to a general diploma
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- 1StopABCD on February 17, 2019 @ 03:04:12
- 1StopABCD on August 21, 2018 @ 20:28:51
- Mary on August 20, 2018 @ 19:38:17
- Mary on August 20, 2018 @ 16:55:41
- Mary on August 20, 2018 @ 16:48:06
- Mary on August 20, 2018 @ 15:57:22
- Kelly on July 10, 2018 @ 16:34:49
- Kelly on July 10, 2018 @ 16:33:13
- Mary on May 2, 2018 @ 18:08:40
- Kelly on August 31, 2017 @ 16:06:57
- 1StopABCD on January 31, 2017 @ 15:56:28
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 18:54:04
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 18:53:38
This post was created by ABCD ContentManager on August 7, 2016.