Marketing and public relations strategies can provide a framework for a reframed model of parent engagement.
- Marketing = creating, communicating, delivering and exchanging offerings that have value for students/parents
- Public relations = growing the name of the school counseling program and strengthening its perception and relationship with the public
- PowerPoint presentation from Indiana State University Counselor Day and handout
- Creating a School Counseling Website
- Start of the School Year School Counselor Introduction PowerPoint (from ASCA)
- Establishment of school counseling program recognition through increased contacts increase in parent interaction
- Stimulates awareness of (and hopefully the demand for) the school counseling program strengthens your school counseling program’s image and how it is perceived
- Through broadened awareness and different perception, increase visibility and parents seeking out counseling program services
If you have suggestions, feedback, or resources, please email email@example.com and let us know.