This page is currently under construction. If you have content or resources to contribute, you may submit them via the “Contact Topic Manager” box below.
- Bullet 1
- Bullet 2
- If you are a Naviance user who has integrated with the Common App, can you let me know how you are sending recommendation letters for outside recommenders? And does EVERY teacher need to complete the recommender form before their letter can be sent? (Counselor Talk, September 2018)
- I was told [by a Naviance representative] that ALL documents had to processed from the teachers and all recommenders prior to us being able to send the transcripts. I was also told that we should push educators rather than outside recommenders for this exact reason. I informed the person I was speaking to that we always push for any professional reference, but he stated that Naviance was set up so that teacher recommenders can be processed.
- Naviance vs. Indiana Career Explorer (from Counselor Talk, February 2018)
- I like Naviance and the college/career exploration it provides. The career interest survey looks a little clunky but it does a good job of helping students see what they might be interested in. After they complete it, they can see what majors are related to the career that popped up for them. They can then see what colleges offer that particular major/program.
- Naviance integrates with the Common App for college, and it can be both helpful and frustrating. It is easy to send all documents, but sometimes it doesn’t work and it can be difficult to determine why it didn’t work. The career exploration does look like a website from the 90s and it isn’t all that interesting to look at. It does what it needs to do though.
- We use the career explorer section of Naviance often. We go through with freshman and revisit it sophomore year. When we meet individually with students, it is helpful to refer to and see if the students are actually interested in whatever the results of the survey were.
- Naviance presentation for teachers from Eastern Hancock
- Naviance presentation for teachers from Mt Vernon
- 9th grade naviance activity (Kokomo High School)
- 10th grade naviance activity (Kokomo High School)
- 11th grade naviance activity (Kokomo High School)
- Naviance Senior Complete Student Guide (Kokomo High School)
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on September 10, 2018 @ 19:33:22
- Kelly on September 7, 2018 @ 18:40:41
- Kelly on August 23, 2018 @ 19:30:44
- Kelly on March 1, 2018 @ 01:25:42
- Kelly on February 23, 2018 @ 13:50:54
- Kelly on February 23, 2018 @ 13:49:27
This post was created by MNOP ContentManager on February 23, 2018.