Throughout the year, school counselors meet with students on an individual basis. As a part of individual student planning, the counselors work in collaboration with students, families and school staff members to help each student develop academically, socially and personally. This includes the scheduling of students’ courses.
- School counselors are not just schedule changers: the role of the school counselor has drastically changed. They still help with schedule changes but have a much broader job.
- Counselor Talk (January 2019) Responses for how to handle schedule change requests between semesters:
- Counselor Talk Responses for scheduling individual meetings with students-using electronic formats:
Some people used email but for me, I already have a crazy inbox so for me this does not seem like the best option.
I also had a few people that used this website that looks great! youcanbook.me.
The majority of people have created their own google forms
I found this tutorial that I might play around with https://www.youtube.com/
- For advice on handling student requests to change schedules-click here: Counselor Responses on Scheduling
- At our middle school, I do 4 weeks worth of developmental guidance lessons about diploma types, our electives, etc. with the 8th graders. I do these in their PCC classes. For the 6th and 7th graders, I do scheduling in classroom format, so I have roughly 25 kids per group. Our students use the online feature of our student data system Skyward to do the majority of the work themselves.
- High School Course Retake Policy–example
- Schedule Change Form (sample)
- ScheduleChangeRequestForm (sample)
- Google form for handling course requests (sample)
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on January 15, 2019 @ 22:27:32 [Autosave]
- Kelly on January 8, 2019 @ 14:13:41
- Kelly on January 8, 2019 @ 14:12:06
- Kelly on August 9, 2018 @ 20:16:19
- Kelly on April 16, 2018 @ 19:15:40
- Kelly on January 26, 2018 @ 20:48:01
- Kelly on January 26, 2018 @ 20:47:26
- Kelly on June 5, 2017 @ 15:55:52
- Kelly on June 5, 2017 @ 14:30:13
- Kelly on February 17, 2017 @ 22:26:16
- Kelly on February 17, 2017 @ 22:25:27
- Kelly on February 17, 2017 @ 22:24:29
- Kelly on February 17, 2017 @ 22:19:48
- Kelly on February 17, 2017 @ 22:11:17
This post was created by QRST ContentManager on February 17, 2017.