Throughout the year, school counselors meet with students on an individual basis. As a part of individual student planning, the counselors work in collaboration with students, families and school staff members to help each student develop academically, socially and personally. This includes the scheduling of students’ courses.
- School counselors are not just schedule changers: the role of the school counselor has drastically changed. They still help with schedule changes but have a much broader job.
- For advice on handling student requests to change schedules-click here: Counselor Responses on Scheduling
- At our middle school, I do 4 weeks worth of developmental guidance lessons about diploma types, our electives, etc. with the 8th graders. I do these in their PCC classes. For the 6th and 7th graders, I do scheduling in classroom format, so I have roughly 25 kids per group. Our students use the online feature of our student data system Skyward to do the majority of the work themselves.
- High School Course Retake Policy-example
- Schedule Change Form (sample)
- ScheduleChangeRequestForm (sample)
- Google form for handling course requests (sample)
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Kelly Dunn on April 16, 2018.
- April 16, 2018 @ 19:15:40
- January 26, 2018 @ 20:48:01
- January 26, 2018 @ 20:47:26
- June 5, 2017 @ 15:55:52
- June 5, 2017 @ 14:30:13
- February 17, 2017 @ 22:26:16
- February 17, 2017 @ 22:25:27
- February 17, 2017 @ 22:24:29
- February 17, 2017 @ 22:19:48
- February 17, 2017 @ 22:11:17
This post was created by QRST ContentManager on February 17, 2017.