Use this section to briefly describe or define this topic area.
- Bullet 1
- Bullet 2
- Training for Trauma Informed classrooms (from Counselor Talk, January 2018):
- Our school is currently using the Lilly grant to become a trauma-certified school. We have been working with Starr Global’s National Institute for Trauma and Loss in Children. They are located in Michigan but will travel to your school to do on-site trainings. They also have online-trainings that our staff have done and enjoyed as well. Erin Good-Whiteford, Southeast Neighborhood School of Excellence, Indianapolis, email@example.com
- Lori Desautels at Butler did a great training: https://www.edutopia.org/
profile/lori-desautels http://revelationineducation. com/?p=1715
- What I have learned
- Child Trauma Toolkit for Educators
- Talking to Children About Violence-Tips for Parents and Teachers
- The Ant Hill Disaster by Julia Cook
- Dr. Laurie Desautels has created a moodle about trauma-informed schools; Dr. Desautels is a foremost expert on this topic. This webinar is free at http://moodle.doe.in.gov/ You will need the enrollment key counselor. Here is her Brain-Aligned Strategies resource.
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Heather on January 26, 2018.
- January 26, 2018 @ 20:31:32
- November 21, 2017 @ 21:13:50
- November 9, 2017 @ 21:01:29
- October 12, 2017 @ 15:16:18
- October 4, 2017 @ 15:59:51
- October 4, 2017 @ 15:46:36
- August 7, 2016 @ 23:48:46
This post was created by QRST ContentManager on August 7, 2016.