Beginning with the graduating class of 2023, Indiana high schools students must satisfy all three of the following Graduation Pathway Requirements by completing one of the associated Pathway Options:
- Earn one of the following High School Diploma designation options:
- General Diploma;
- Core 40 Diploma;
- Academic Honors Diploma;
- Technical Honors Diploma.
- Learn and Demonstrate one of the following Employability Skills options:
- Completion of a project-based learning experience;
- Completion of a service-based learning experience ;
- Completion of a work-based learning experience.
- Demonstrate one of the following Postsecondary-Ready Competencies:
- Honors diploma: Fulfill all requirements of either the Academic or Technical Honors diploma;
- ACT: Earn the college-ready benchmark scores;
- SAT: Earn the college-ready benchmarks scores;
- Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB): Earn at least a minimum Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT) score to qualify for placement into one of the branches of the US military;
- State- and Industry-recognized Credential or Certification;
- State-, Federal-, or Industry-recognized Apprenticeship;
- Career-Technical Education Concentrator: Earn a C average or higher in at least six (6) high school credits in a career sequence;
- AP/International Baccalaureate/Dual Credit/Cambridge International courses or College Level Examination Program (CLEP) Exams: Earn a C average or higher in at least three (3) courses;
- Locally created pathway that earns the approval of the State Board of Education by meeting its framework.
- Students need to only complete one bullet under each of the 3 options listed above.
- Both Honors diplomas satisfy both the diploma and postsecondary-ready competency requirements. This is because both Honors diplomas require a minimum of 47 high school credits and include postsecondary-ready competencies.
- The Graduation Pathways requirements will start with freshmen beginning high school in 2019-20. This is the graduating class of 2023.
- Students graduating in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, or 2022 may satisfy graduation requirements by either passing the current graduation qualifying exams (ISTEP 10 or ECAs) or completing the Graduation Pathways. The option to satisfy graduation requirements through completion of the Graduation Pathways is dependent upon whether the student’s school makes this opportunity available.
- Updated Guidance Doc for Grad Pathways – this is version 4.
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Kelly Dunn on April 11, 2018.
- April 11, 2018 @ 17:14:30
- April 11, 2018 @ 17:02:45
- August 7, 2016 @ 22:56:29
This post was created by MNOP ContentManager on August 7, 2016.